Mercè Rodoreda building, room
Tel: +34 93 542 2708
My website at CREI:
I will be spending the 2013-2014 academic year as a Research Fellow at the IMF Research Department
Curriculum Vitae [download pdf]
Money and Exchange Rates – G (2012-2013)
Topics in International Finance - G(2009-2013)
Graduate International Finance - G(2007, 2008)
Graduate Micro - G(Fall 2005)
Introduction to Macroeconomics - U(2012)
Topics in Macroeconomics - U(2009-2013)
Macroeconomía I - U(2011-2013)
Teoría Económica III - U(2007, 2008)
Some of my work is under revision so you won’t find a link to a paper. Please feel free to contact me (email@example.com) if you would like more information on any of these papers.
Managing Credit Bubbles [pdf]
Banks, Government Bonds, and Default: What do the
Data Say? – [pdf]
Bubbly Business Cycles [pdf] – presentation slides
Selection, Credit, and Efficiency: the Case of the Missing Market [pdf]
Endogenous Credit Cycles [pdf]
Sovereign Debt Markets in Turbulent Times: Creditor
Discrimination and Crowding-Out Effects – [pdf]
Default, Domestic Banks and Financial Institutions [pdf]
International Capital Flows and Credit Market
Imperfections: a Tale of Two Frictions
with Bubbles [pdf]
Understanding Bubbly Episodes [pdf]
on Bubbles and the Current Crisis [pdf]
A Model of
Collateral, Investment, and Adverse Selection [pdf]
On the Role of
Retaliation in Trade Agreements [pdf]
Problems and Secondary Markets [pdf]
On Rothschild Stiglitz as Competitive Pooling [pdf]
Financial Reform and Capital Flows: Insights from
General Equilibrium – [pdf]
Financial Integration and Complementarity [pdf]
· Argentina’s Crisis and Recovery: A Demand Side Story 1998-2006, by Burstein and Werning (2013).
· Optimal Sovereign Default, by Adam and Grill (2013).
· Productivity Growth and Capital Flows: The Dynamics of Reforms, by Buera and Shin (2013).
· Domestic Sovereign Default as Optimal Redistributive Policy, by D’Erasmo and Mendoza (2012)
· Bubbly Liquidity, by Farhi and Tirole (2012)
· Fiscal Policy and Default, by Aguiar and Amador (2011)
· Financial Risk Capacity, by Bigio (2011).
· Managing Credit Booms and Busts: A Pigouvian Taxation Approach, by Jeanne and Korinek (2011).
· Financial Crises and Macro-Prudential Policies, by Beningno, Chen, Otrok, Rebucci and Young (2011).
· Recovery Before Redemption: A Theory of Delays in Sovereign Debt Renegotiation by Benjamin and Wright (2010)
· Global Imbalances by Portes (2010)
· Growth Volatility and Access to Finance by Imbs and Morellec (2009)
· Growing Like China by Song, Storesletten and Zilibotti (2008)
· Trade Credit and Sovereign Debt by Kohlscheen and O´Connell (2008)
· A Theory of Liquidity and Regulation of Financial Intermediation, by Farhi, Golosov, and Tsyvinski (2008)
· Crisis Lending, Moral Hazard and IMF Conditionality, by Jeanne, Ostry and Zettelmeyer (2007)
· Optimal External Debt and Default, by Guimaraes (2007)
· The Allocation Puzzle by Gourinchas and Jeanne, (2007)
· The GATT/WTO as an Incomplete Contract by Maggi and Staiger (2006)
· Inefficient Credit Booms by Lorenzoni (2006)
Working papers also available at IDEAS/RePEc.