Mercè Rodoreda building, room
Tel: +34 93 542 2708
My website at CREI:
Curriculum Vitae [download pdf]
Some of my work is under revision so you won’t find a link to a paper. Please feel free to contact me (email@example.com) if you would like more information on any of these papers.
The Financial Transmission of Housing Bubbles:
Evidence from Spain [pdf]
Fiscal Multipliers and Foreign Holdings of Public
Monetary Policy for a Bubbly World [pdf]
The Long and the Short of It: Sovereign Debt Crises
and Debt Maturity [pdf]
Older Working papers (to be rescued)
Bubbly Business Cycles [pdf] – presentation slides
Credit, and Efficiency: the Case of the Missing Market [pdf]
Endogenous Credit Cycles [pdf]
Banks, Government Bonds, and Default: What do the
Data Say? – [pdf] [online appendix]
The Macroeconomics of Rational Bubbles: a User’s Guide [pdf]
Managing Credit Bubbles [pdf]
The International Transmission of Credit Bubbles:
Theory and Policy [pdf]
Sovereign Debt Markets in Turbulent Times: Creditor
Discrimination and Crowding-Out Effects – [pdf]
Sovereign Default, Domestic
Banks and Financial Institutions [pdf]
International Capital Flows and Credit Market Imperfections:
a Tale of Two Frictions [pdf]
with Bubbles [pdf]
Understanding Bubbly Episodes [pdf]
Theoretical Notes on
Bubbles and the Current Crisis [pdf]
A Model of
Collateral, Investment, and Adverse Selection [pdf]
On the Role of
Retaliation in Trade Agreements [pdf]
Problems and Secondary Markets [pdf]
Stiglitz as Competitive Pooling [pdf]
Asset Bubbles and Sudden Stops in a Small Open
Financial Reform and Capital Flows: Insights from
General Equilibrium – [pdf]
Financial Integration and Complementarity [pdf]
Comments on “Reverse Speculative Attacks”, by
Amador, Bianchi, Bocola and Perri [pdf]
· The Tail that Wags the Economy: Belief-Driven Business Cycles and Persistent Stagnation, by Kozlowski, Veldkamp, and Venkateswaran (2017).
· Monetary Policy, Inflation and Rational Asset Price Bubbles, by Ikeda (2017)
· The Unemployment Accelerator, by Blanco and Navarro (2017)
· Search For Yield, by Martinez-Miera and Repullo (2016)
· Fiscal Rules and the Sovereign Default Premium, by Hatchondo, Martinez and Roch (2016)
· Reverse Speculative Attacks, by Amador, Bianchi, Boccola and Perri (2015)
· Valuing an International Lender of Last Resort, by Gete (2015)
· The Economics of Sovereign Debt, Bailouts, and the Eurozone Crisis, by Gourinchas and Martin (2015)
· Sovereign Default and Political Turnover, by Livshits, Phan and Trebesch (2015)
· Macroprudential Regulation Versus Mopping Up After the Crash, by Jeanne and Korinek (2015)
· International Credit Flows and Pecuniary Externalities, by Brunnermeier and Sannikov (2014)
· Linkages Across Sovereign Debt Markets, by Arellano and Bai (2014).
· Bank Ratings and Lending Supply: Evidence from Sovereign Downgrades, by Adelino and Ferreira (2014).
· On the Optimality of Financial Repression, by Chari, Dovis, and Kehoe (2014).
· Economic Expansions and Housing Booms, by Borri and Reichlin (2014)
· Argentina’s Crisis and Recovery: A Demand Side Story 1998-2006, by Burstein and Werning (2013).
· Optimal Sovereign Default, by Adam and Grill (2013).
· Productivity Growth and Capital Flows: The Dynamics of Reforms, by Buera and Shin (2013).
· Domestic Sovereign Default as Optimal Redistributive Policy, by D’Erasmo and Mendoza (2012)
· Bubbly Liquidity, by Farhi and Tirole (2012)
· Fiscal Policy and Default, by Aguiar and Amador (2011)
· Financial Risk Capacity, by Bigio (2011).
· Managing Credit Booms and Busts: A Pigouvian Taxation Approach, by Jeanne and Korinek (2011).
· Financial Crises and Macro-Prudential Policies, by Beningno, Chen, Otrok, Rebucci and Young (2011).
· Recovery Before Redemption: A Theory of Delays in Sovereign Debt Renegotiation by Benjamin and Wright (2010)
· Global Imbalances by Portes (2010)
· Growth Volatility and Access to Finance by Imbs and Morellec (2009)
· Growing Like China by Song, Storesletten and Zilibotti (2008)
· Trade Credit and Sovereign Debt by Kohlscheen and O´Connell (2008)
· A Theory of Liquidity and Regulation of Financial Intermediation, by Farhi, Golosov, and Tsyvinski (2008)
· Crisis Lending, Moral Hazard and IMF Conditionality, by Jeanne, Ostry and Zettelmeyer (2007)
· Optimal External Debt and Default, by Guimaraes (2007)
· The Allocation Puzzle by Gourinchas and Jeanne, (2007)
· The GATT/WTO as an Incomplete Contract by Maggi and Staiger (2006)
· Inefficient Credit Booms by Lorenzoni (2006)
Topics in Macro III: Financial Markets – G(2015-2016)
Advanced Macroeconomics II – G (2015-2016)
Macroeconomics of the Global Economy - MBA (INSEAD, 2016)
Money and Exchange Rates – G (2012-2013)
Topics in International Finance - G(2009-2013)
Graduate International Finance - G(2007, 2008)
Graduate Micro - G(Fall 2005)
Introduction to Macroeconomics - U(2012)
Topics in Macroeconomics - U(2009-2013)
Macroeconomía I - U(2011-2013)
Teoría Económica III - U(2007, 2008)
Working papers also available at IDEAS/RePEc.